Tuesday 10 February 2015

Test your Logical Reasoning Skills

Try out these questions on Logical Reasoning. Let's see how many of you can get them correct.

Directions (1 to 10): In each question below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.

Give answer
(a) if only conclusion I follows
(b) if only conclusion II follows
(c) if either conclusion I or II follows
(d) if neither conclusion I nor II follows
(e) if both conclusions I and II follow

1. Statements: All men are dogs. All dogs are cats.
    Conclusions: I. All men are cats             II. All cats are men

2. Statements: All film stars are playback singers. All film directors are film stars.
    Conclusions: I. All film directors are playback singers
                           II. Some film stars are film directors

3. Statements: All pens are roads. All roads are houses.
    Conclusions: I. All houses are pens      II. Some houses are pens

4. Statements: All huts are mansions. All mansions are temple.
    Conclusions: I. Some temples are huts              II. Some temples are mansions

5. Statements: All water is divine. All temples are divine.
    Conclusions: I. All water is temple                        II. All temples are water

6. Statements: All cars are cats. All fans are cats.
    Conclusions: I. All cars are fans                              II. Some fans are cars

7. Statements: All pens are chalks. All chairs are chalks.
    Conclusions: I. Some pens are chairs                  II. Some chalks are pens

8. Statements: Some dreams are nights. Some nights are days.
    Conclusions: I. All days are either nights or dreams
                             II. Some days are nights

9. Statements: No gentleman is poor. All gentlemen are rich.
    Conclusions: I. No poor man is rich                      II. No rich man is poor

10. Statements: No bat is ball. No ball is wicket.

      Conclusions: I. No bat is wicket                           II. All wickets are bats

For answers and explanations, leave a your email ID in the comment box.

For more info on our online courses, feel free to call us at +91-8283865488..

1 comment: